I got to know him after graduated from secondary school.
I could roughly remember the day I went back to school to seek for advice from school counselor about my future plan after SPM examinations. He was working as a substitute teacher there by that time.
He was one of the famous guys in secondary school during schooling time. Everyone knew about him, a prefect who was in science stream and excellent in studies. I saw how he debated. Everyone was so surprise with his serious and confident expression. He looks smart when he put on the prefect blazer that represents the senior status.
I could not remember how we started our communication in stuff room. We spoke mandarin. Well, he learns mandarin by himself and he spoke very well. He even learns to read. We just talked about scholarship etc. He recommended me to apply some scholarship too. What a nice guy.
We keep in touch after that. He fetched me to school at another day to settle some stuff together. He was no longer a teacher there by that time.
We have the same family background, single parent background. He is the only child, staying together with his grandma and dad if I am not mistaken.
Then, both of us got the matriculation offer. We were so happy. He got it at Malacca campus and I got it at Perak campus. He got an offer for accounting course in UK from JPA very soon. I am so happy for him. I feel very proud of him.
When I was in Perak, I was so unhappy and facing serious homesick. That was the first time I left my home so far away. He always encourages me and gave me a ring sometimes. I am really appreciated what he had done.
Somehow I wonder why we only became friends after 5 years in the same school. But things never be too late, at least I got to be friend with him at last.
I am so glad that I have him as my friend. We never go out for a drink or a movie. We seldom contact each other since he started his A-level. I do not know how he thinks about me. Did he forget about me? But the only thing that I know is he will be my friend always. Though we still not understand each other very well, but I have the strong feeling that he is one of my friends.
Now, the only way that we can keep in touch will be the internet. Blog, facebook, msn… Technology get people become closer, but somehow it makes the distance more far away.
Vince, hope you enjoy every moment in London. Do well in LSE.
Best regards from sheueyee =)
1 comment:
such a sweet sweet memories.. =)
Post a Comment