Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Prejudice

26th May 2008, Monday

Today we had nasi dagang for breakfast, my first time for it. The taste was not bad, special.


We went to shopping again, KB Mall. This shopping mall was bigger than yesterday’s shopping mall. It was just similar with other, so we don’t have anything to buy. We enjoyed cakes at Muhibah, RM3.50 each.

After that, we went to buy dodol, a kind of kuih, got coconut and durian flavor. But they were just selling coconut dodol here. I paid RM10 for 4 packets. I could not buy too much due to my weight of luggage.

We had stayed at here for few days. It was the time to buy bus ticket to go home. I plan to go home at Tuesday night. But unfortunately, the night shift tickets were all sold out. I had no choice but to buy Tuesday morning ticket. I was the earliest to go home among them. I bought transnasional single seat ticket, RM30.90.

Then, my friend’s father fetched us to Besut, Terengganu to buy keropok lekor. What we bought was raw lekor, need to fry at home.

It was a windy night. After dinner, we were served with a lot of fruits from her garden. We had fresh coconut water, buah ajaib, and salok. The salok was very special. The taste was like mango and nangka.

Actually I noticed that some people will have strong prejudice about the people from certain places especially KL. They have the thinking that KL residents are very rich and they do not know anything about the life of growing up in “village”.

Human being is like this, always feel the moon of other places is rounder. City life is not as easy as they think. City life is not as bad as they think. They have always said city life is busy, dangerous; city residents are selfish. Only city residents are selfish? Honestly, I am not really like their thinking, or I should say this is a totally WRONG AND NEGATIVE THINKING. It is unfair for city residents. Let me remind you, cities residents like KL are mix up from various people from a lot of places, is it showing that the residents of their hometown are selfish too? There is no such thing that city residents have influenced them, teaching them bad. If the person’s mentally is strong, nobody can change his habit.

Maybe cities residents do not know much about their “village” life, but at the same time, they do not know about our life too. They thought every resident of city is the same. My lecturer had said, negeri mundur, tapi rakyat kaya. It is true. Although their hometowns are mundur compare with big cities like Penang, but the residents are richer than cities resident. Need any proof?

So, please change your thinking and stop having prejudice about cities and the residents, if you do have. I am not saying that all the city’s residents are good, do not get me wrong. Knowledge is unlimited, each of us have many things that we do not know.

Thanks for reading, and think about it, leave any message if you wish to do so. Sorry if I did say anything that made you feel uncomfortable. I am really sorry for that, I am just… angry... I guess. My friend thinks that actually they are jealous, oh my god. But they know the real answer.

No comments: